11.05.2014

~84~ 17 weeks!

We're getting closer and closer to the half-way mark.  Things are starting to feel a little more real.  It comes in spurts.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm pregnant.  Other times, that's all I can think about. 

Since last week, we've made a lot of changes to the nursery.  Everything has been cleaned out, and Jake painted the walls.  3 of the walls are a soft grey, and the 4th wall is teal, which is where the crib will go.  Because the room is so small, we decided to go with white furniture to keep the room looking bright and open.  We're hoping to get the big furniture in the room by Christmas/New Years.


How far along: 17 weeks, 0 days
Baby H's size: An Onion (5.1 inches, 5.9oz)
Symptoms: Nothing new really. 
Best Moment: Getting to see family AND, winning Star 102.5's photo contest!  We are so thrilled that we won and very grateful to everyone who voted for us! We plan to use our winnings towards our dresser/changing table and glider

Worst Moment: The return of hip pain while sleeping and some round ligament pain, but nothing all that terrible.  Oh, and being told I'm getting fat. Even when pregnant, it's not cool. 

Movement: I'm starting to notice more and more movement here and there, but it's always for a fleeting moment and isn't consistent yet.

Maternity Clothes: Everyday, I'm getting closer and closer.  Today I'm wearing a belly band because there was no way my pants were going to button.  I'm wanting to hold off on announcing to my students until after Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping that I don't grow too much over the next 3 weeks!

Appointments: Our 16 week appointment was last Thursday.  Baby's heartbeat was a steady 150bpm. We'll have our next and last ultrasound in 3 weeks at our anatomy scan. We will also find out the sex that day!  As of right now I don't have any strong feelings either way.  Although last night I had a dream that it's a boy.  We shall find out soon!

Here's a pic from last weekend at my mom's 60th birthday party.  Black is naturally slimming, so it's hard to see my little bump, but trust me-it's there!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...