2.18.2015

~99~ 2 months to go!

When I first posted about the impending arrival of Baby H, we were barely 2 months pregnant (ok, 3 months, but the first 3 weeks don't really count anyway); now we're just under 2 months away from meeting our little guy.  I thought that waiting 18 months between our engagement and wedding day seemed long.  And yet, somehow this 9 month wait feels even longer. 

With many exciting events coming up in the next month, I'm sure hoping it will fly by.  I have just 3 1/2 weeks until spring break and my first baby shower.  Then I only have another 3 1/2 weeks until baby's due date!!

This past week was quite fun.  My parents came to visit for the weekend and we had a great time.  Friday night I cooked a Korean dinner for them: Bulgogi, Mandu, Kimchi, and rice.  It was delish!
On Saturday, my mom and I got manicures while the guys watched the ISU basketball team win before heading to meet my aunt and uncle for dinner downtown at RoCA.  Fun Fact: the next night on The Bachelor, Chris and his date went to RoCA.  It was pretty neat seeing Des Moines on tv!  The weekend went by way too fast, but it was comforting to know that we'll get to see my parents again in just a month.  In fact, between February-June, we'll get to see them at least once a month :)

We also found out on Saturday that my cousin, who is due in June, is having a little BOY!  I can't wait for the cousins to get together and play!  It makes me wish even more that they didn't live half way across the country. 

On Tuesday I had a prenatal appointment.  I'm measuring right on track and it seems that Baby may already be head down.  All of my vitals were perfect and Baby's heartbeat was 140bpm.  It took a more than a few seconds for my doctor to find it which made me slightly nervous.  However, he was just moving around so much that it took a little bit to get a clear sound.  

Here's what else is going on with Baby H this week:

How far along: 32 weeks! 

Baby's Size: Squash (roughly 16in long, 3.5lbs)

Symptoms: Increased lower abdominal pressure-which leads to increased restroom breaks, Acid reflux, Braxton Hick's contractions, starting to get tired/out of breath more easily.

Movement: Now that Baby is head down, he likes to push his butt up on my right side and is slowly starting to creep into my ribs.  I occasionally have to push him back into place to relieve the pressure.  His movements aren't as concentrated to a particular time of day.  It's pretty much all day long with a few breaks here or there.  I can't remember if I've already mentioned it (pregnancy brain!), but I read that in utero, babies are at a stage where they sleep in regular cycles, but usually for no longer than an hour at a time.

Best Moment: Having my parents visit and finding out the sex of Baby H's cousin

Worst Moment: Nothing that I can think of.  My cold still hasn't completely disappeared, but it's getting there.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...