3.01.2015

~100~ 100th Post!!! Pregnancy Favorites

In celebration of my 100th post, I thought I'd share my pregnancy "must haves" and favorites.


1. Snoogle.  I was lucky enough to snag this from my MIL who randomly bought one at a garage sale and had been storing.  A new cover made it like new and it's been my sleeping buddy since about week 8.  Pre-pregnancy, I was a stomach sleeper and this bad boy helped me recreate the feeling of stomach sleeping.  It was also great for supporting my hips while side-sleeping and the hook at the end was nice for when I would transition from one side to the other in the middle of the night. 

2. Burt's Bees Mama Belly Cream. This was a gift from a friend and it is amazing.  I didn't think it would be possible, but that little jar has lasted me all pregnancy.  I might have to buy 1 more because it's starting to get down there, I'd say that's pretty awesome regardless. It's unscented, smooth, and has good coverage.  After each shower, I rub it all over my stomach, hips, and butt.  So far-no stretch marks!

3. Belly Band. For whatever reason, my body just isn't built for maternity pants.  They are constantly falling off and are super uncomfortable.  Luckily, thanks to my belly bands, I've been able to continue wearing my pre-pregnancy pants without a problem.  I have 1 in black from Target and 1 in cream from Old Navy.  I recently realized that I've been wearing them "wrong" this whole time, but eh, it worked for me.  I always tucked half of it into my pants and then pulled the other half up and over the top of my jeans.  When looking for a picture of one for this post, I discovered that they all show it being worn just over the top of the jeans and sometimes on top of the stomach too.  

4. Old Navy Maternity Tanks. Speaking of maternity clothes and Old Navy, I have LOVED these long cotton tanks.  They are great for layering, are super soft, and long enough to cover my belly during all stages of growth.  I have one in black, white, grey, and navy blue.  

5. Well stocked go-to food-There have been many times during my pregnancy that certain foods either couldn't be stomached, or were the only things that I could eat.  During the 1st trimester, when my nausea was high and my appetite was low, smoothies and greek yogurt were my lifesavers.  They provided nutrition (particularly protein) that I needed without having to chew anything-something I struggle with when I'm not hungry.  Since then, yogurt has remained a staple as has Archer Farms french vanilla granola, Kraft Mac N'Cheese (particularly the shapes kind), fruit (strawberries, pineapple, clementines), steamed veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots), bagels and cream cheese, and oddly enough-peanut butter and jelly-something I haven't craved in years. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...