1.23.2015

~95~ 28 Weeks

This week has been semi-eventful.  
On Monday, I had my 28 week appointment, where I got to hear Baby H's perfect heartbeat of 138bpm.  Everything is measuring right on track as we start to head into the final stretch.  By the end of January, we'll be down to 10 weeks to go!  At this point in my mind, I really just need to get through February.  

Tuesday we had our second prenatal class, which we both enjoyed.  A majority of it was spent learning about and trying different laboring positions.  One thing that I didn't realize is that early labor (which occurs prior to heading to the hospital) can last from 6 to 12 hours!  My thought is, do I try and do that at work if necessary, or do I go home?  I guess I'll only be able to make that decision when it happens.   Talking about and using some of the techniques in class makes everything that much more real!

Thursday, I went back to OB for my glucose screening test.  This consisted of drinking a very sugary drink within 5 minutes and then having my blood drawn to check my blood sugar levels.  I was anticipating that it'd taste horrible, but it wasn't bad at all.  I equated it to a Freeze Pop that had melted.  Thankfully, my blood glucose levels came back normal and I was not flagged for gestational diabetes!


Here's my summary of the week: 

How Far Along: 28w1d

Baby's Size: An eggplant (1.5-2.5lbs, 13.6-14.8inches)  
*Side note, I'm pretty sure these are the same measurements as last week.  In the 3rd trimester the growth of the fetus can vary the same way people can vary in height and weight.  

Symptoms: Acid reflux, increased urination.  I swear, I can't go more than hour without feeling like my bladder is going to burst.  

Best Moment: 

Worst Moment: 

Movement: Tons.  I'm not completely sure that I'm not growing an alien baby.  It can be pretty mesmerizing to watch my belly take on all sorts of shapes.  Sometimes, he'll kick so hard it hurts.  This week is also when I'm supposed to begin counting kicks.  A healthy baby should kick at least 10 times within 2 hours.  At this point, Baby H goes through regular sleep and awake cycles, and typically will sleep no more than an hour at a time.  Not only that, but Baby H can also dream!  What he dreams about, I can't even begin to imagine.  

Appointments: Now that we're well into the 3rd trimester, appointments are now every 2 weeks. This will continue until I read 36 weeks. 

Misc: My belly button is almost 100% outtie :(  It's flirting between being an innie and an outtie, but it's definitely leaning towards being an outtie now.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...