1.14.2015

~94~ 3rd Trimester

As of Monday, I am officially in my 3rd trimester! 
Only 13 weeks to go.  

This week, we started our prenatal classes.  They run for 5 weeks and are hosted by the hospital that we'll deliver at.  Best part-they're FREE!  In fact, our hospital offers all sort of different classes for free.  Jake will be going to another one in February that is just for Dads-to-be, and then we have a breastfeeding essentials class in March. 

This week's class focused on an overview of pregnancy and labor.  Most of the time was spent going over logistics, doing introductions, and talking about how our pregnancies have gone so far.  We both liked the instructor and are looking forward to next week's class.  A couple of things we learned:

1. Cold Sores exposure can be fatal for infants under 1 year old.
2. The power of massage, calming music, and a focal point for reducing pain and promoting relaxation.
3. Only 10% of women have their water break outside of the hospital.  I always thought it a much higher percentage. 

Other than that, here's what this what's going on with Baby H.

How far along: 27 weeks
Baby's Size: Rutabaga (13.6-14.8 inches long, 1.5-2.5lbs)
Symptoms: Acid reflux (at least that's what I Think it is).  Apparently this means that baby will be born with lots of hair.  
Best Moment: Starting prenatal classes.  Things are starting to get real!  We also bought an elliptical, which was exciting for us :)
Worst Moment: Nothing that I can think of. 
Movement: I am definitely feeling him all over.  I mostly feel him at night while sitting on the couch.   He is situated pretty low, so no jabs in the ribs yet, thankfully!  His movements are starting to feel less like punches and more like rolling. 
Appointments: Next Thursday I have my Glucose challenge test.  Fingers crossed I pass and don't have to do the 3 hour test!

Note: I apologize for the absence of "bump" pictures.  I never remember to take them in the morning, and as soon as I get home from work, I change into PJs, which are not photo worthy.  I promise to take one soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...