10.03.2014

~79~ Seasons of Love

525,600 minutes
525,000 moments so dear
525,600 minutes
How do you measure...measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights-
in cups of coffee. 
In inches, in miles, in laugher-
in strife.

In 525,600 minutes, 
how do you measure
a year in the life?

How about love?
Measure in love.
Seasons Of Love.

On August 1, 2014, Jake and I entered a new season of love.  
On this day, just over 12 weeks ago, we found out we are expecting our first child, due mid-April. 

Since then it's been a roller coaster of emotion.  
Excitement, disbelief, sheer happiness, nervousness, giddiness, worry, thrill, anxiousness, .  
But most importantly love. 
Love for each other. 
Love for the new life we've created together. 

On September 4, 2014, after waiting an agonizing 4 weeks, we finally got to see our little peanut for the first time and it was love at first sight. 

Although we didn't get to hear the heartbeat, we saw it rapidly beating away at 169 bpm. 

Since finding out that Baby H (as we affectionately call him/her) would be arriving soon, we started telling immediate family members and our closest friends.  It would be an understatement to say that all were very excited to be adding a new baby to the mix!

Another 4 weeks later, on October 2, 2014, we got to hear the most beautiful sound ever.  Baby H's heartbeat.  Knowing that s/he was growing right on track and having reached the coveted 12 week mark, we openly and excitedly shared our news with work and extended group of family and friends. 

Craig Erickson Photography in Des Moines, Iowa took some breathtaking photos of us, which we used in our announcement. 




For work, I baked 2 pink and blue checkerboard cakes (1 for each building I work at), and decorated them to announce our news. 

And now, here's the run-down on how things have been going thus far:

How Far Along: 12 weeks, 2 days

Baby's Size: A plum!

Symptoms: I'm finally starting to feel normal again.  For most of my pregnancy I've dealt with the unpleasantries of all-day nausea.  As a result, my diet has been a little bit off-kilter, but I'm taking it one day at a time and eating what I can, when I can.  

Sleep: I've also been more tired than usual and taking in as much sleep as I can. However, I've already started having difficulty sleeping due to painful hips and finding a comfortable position.  I've found that stretching before bed really helps minimize the pain.

Cravings: Fruit, soft serve ice cream, McDonald's oatmeal, pasta.

Can't stand: Meat (most of the time), melted cheese, eggs, the smell of cilantro (gag me!)

Missing: Eating like a normal person, sleeping on my stomach (I was doing it for a while, but my doctor advised that I really should try to stop now, or it might make it even harder to sleep when I'm too big to sleep on my stomach.)

Maternity Clothes: Not yet.  A friend of mine gave me a Bella Band to use with my regular pants.  I've used it once, but haven't really had to other than that.  I did buy a bunch of clothes from Old Navy when they had a sale, but aside from the maxi skirt, I haven't worn any of it yet. 

Next Appointment: End of October at 16 weeks. 

I probably won't update every week, but I will do my best to keep up with "bump" pictures and Baby H's stats :)

Until then, 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...