1.26.2014

~70~ Flowering Cupcakes


Who doesn't love a cupcake? 
I mean, they're pretty, just the right amount of cake for 1 person, and delicious!

In this weeks class, I finally learned how to frost a cupcake like a pro.  It's actually much easier than I thought it would be.  Easier than decorating a whole cake at least.  In addition to frosting them, we also filled them. 



For my cupcakes, I chose Target brand's Chai Spice cupcake mix with a vanilla bean filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. 


The different techniques that we learned were the traditional swirl-who knew such a beautiful design was so simple to do?  I feel like I could be the next Cake Boss. 


My favorite design that really makes the cupcakes look like a pro did them is the drop flower.  It took a few tries to get it looking just right, but they are so pretty.  


The last technique was the mum.  This was a struggle for me to get looking just right.  The first few turned out looking like Cousin It, and not a beautiful flower.  I'll have to work on that one for next time.

They look almost too pretty to eat, don't you think?

It's hard to believe the class is almost over!  Next week is our last session where we'll be learning how to make ribbon roses!

Until then, 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...