1.01.2014

~67~ 2013 Review

Happy New Year!!

I hope that 2013 was a great of a year for you as it was for us!  We spent New Years Eve with friends enjoying some good food, drinks, and playing games together.  It was a lot of fun!!

It's hard to believe that we've already gone through another year.  As cliched as it is, this past year flew by.  We celebrate love at 3 weddings, welcomed many new babies, and made many new memories with family and friends.  As I reflect back, there were so many wonderful things that we were blessed with this past year. 

1. Buying a house.
We absolutely love our house and all of the extra perks that go along with it.  We've hosted many dinners and get-togethers since closing in March, including our first Christmas dinner, we've been able to truly make it OUR home by adding paint, decorations, and personalizations that we just weren't able to do while living in an apartment.  Aside from getting married and having kids, I think that buying your first home is one of the biggest milestones that happens in your adult life.  It feels so good to have checked this one off of the list. That just leaves one more thing to do…



2. Expanding our family by adopting Viktor
  This also would not have been possible if it weren't for the house.  While we had a rough couple of months, Viktor has fully integrated himself into our family. He and Buckles are the best of friends and I love seeing Viktor's personality come out more and more each day.  It's hard to believe we ever were just a 1 dog family.  


3. Camp Invention. 
 This summer, I added another job title to my resume-Camp Director.  I was a little nervous going in, but it was a great experience and I'm so excited to see what this next year brings.  In addition, I've started teaching after school classes through the sister program, Club Invention, which I hope will increase enrollment in camp this summer.  One of my New Year's resolutions is to double (if not triple) my enrollment. 

4. Buying a new car
While the circumstances surrounding the need to get a new car were not that great, and yeah, having a car payment is not as fun, but the peace of mind in knowing that I can get an oil change without also having a problem reported is priceless.  It may not be the newest car (2009), but it's the newest car I've ever owned.  I've also never bought a car all by myself before.  Welcome to adulthood?!?


What were your favorites memories of 2013?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...