6.22.2012

~36~Our Wedding: 1st Look

It's day three of wedding week, and we're on to our 1st look.  Jake and I opted to do a first look for a couple reasons.  The first reason is that we only had the church for so long after the ceremony, and we wanted to make sure we had enough time to take pictures together with our families and bridal party.  We also knew that we wanted to have some time to ourselves that day to take it all in.  As much as it would have been nice to have Jake see me for the first time walking down the aisle towards him during the ceremony, a first look really ended up being what worked out the best for us.  

We originally planned to have it in the outdoor quad set in the middle of the church, but it started raining on our way there, so we ended up doing it in the chapel.  Jake stood at the altar with his back to me while I walked down the aisle toward him.  It was one of the most incredible moments of my life.   As I started to walk towards him, time seemed to slow down.  The whole world turned into a population of 2 and it was just me and him. 




The moment he turned around and we looked in each others eyes, I of course lost it.  Those 45 minutes together, just the two of us (well, and our photographers) were so incredibly special, and I will forever cherish those moments.  

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...