6.10.2012

~32~New Product?

Hello blog world! I hope that everyone had a great weekend! I know I did.  Aside from some softball Friday night, and a bachelorette party for a friend on Saturday, I was able to get in some crafting, that I'm pretty pleased with how it came out.   A few months ago, a coworker of mine asked if I'd be able to help make a birth stats sign she saw on Pinterest for her daughter's bedroom.  The crafting bug decided to bite me this weekend, and I wanted to try it out.  Here's how it came out:



Each panel is painted with acrylic paint in rosy pink with a white trim.  The polka dots were cut using my Cricut in various sizes and traced on to the panels.  I painted them in with magenta paint and then went over each with Magenta glitter paint to give it a little extra sparkle. The words were stenciled using the Cricut font, "All Mixed Up".  I stenciled them first with my sharpie paint pen and then I went back over it with white acrylic paint.  Each panel is connected with pink polka dot ribbon.  The only thing I would change the next time I make one-would be to make the ribbon between each panel a bit shorter. 

Right now, I'm working on another mock-up using rectangle panels, with a more boy-friendly theme.  
What do you think? What would you want to see on a birth announcement design?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...