6.20.2012

~35~Our Wedding: Getting Ready

It's day 2 of wedding week, and today I'll be showcasing  us getting ready.  And by us, I really mean me.  After discussing it with Jake, he decided that he didn't really want the photographer in with them taking pictures while he and the guys were getting ready, so we got lots of pictures of just us girls.

The night before our wedding day, Jake and I each got a room at our reception hotel; he stayed with all of his groomsmen, and I stayed with my bridesmaids.  We woke up to a beautiful morning and started the day off with some fruit, pastries, and of course, mimosas!  Starting at 9, my hair and make-up artist, Kira, from Smart & Chic showed up, and the getting ready festivities officially began. 

 The dress I "said yes to" is from designer Maggie Sottero.  I bought it from Schaffer's in Des Moines shortly after we got engaged during their annual blowout sale.  The style, "Patience" had just been discontinued and was recently marked down, and then paired with the sale, I got another 50% off! It was definitely a steal!!! I did suffer a little buyer's remorse after getting it because it is not at all what I had envisioned myself wearing on my wedding day, but after my 1st fitting, I was in love! The combination of the modern bodice with ruched taffeta and lace skirt was just perfect.

*Attire Info*
Dress: Maggie Sottero "Patience" bought at Schaffer's in Des Moines, IA
Shoes: David's Bridal-dyed in "Horizon Blue"
Bracelet: Sapphire and diamonds from J.C. Penny
Hair Flowers: White cymbidium orchids

My mom showed up at the hotel room with my dress around 10:30 (after she had to turn around and go get it because she forgot it the first time)and helped me get dressed.  It was so surreal putting on my dress and knowing that in a short amount of time I'd be walking down the aisle towards my almost husband.  For a second, it almost felt like I was just playing dress up.  And then I saw Jake...

Tomorrow: 1st Look







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...