2.22.2012

~19~My Favorite Things v.2.22

I swear, ever since I started to do "My Favorite Things" series, Wednesdays have this habit of sneaking up on me!  With conferences wrapped up at one school and getting ready to start at the other, I've been a little crazy lately and haven't had a lot of time to craft aside from my Valentine's Day projects.  I'll admit that this week, it's been a bit hard for me to come up with something for this post, so I'm going to change some things up a little bit and write about some non-craft related things that I love.

For a long time standing, one of my absolutely favorite things is a good sale.  You might remember my very first "Favorite Things" installment, and my JoAnn's card-and have a small understanding of how much I love to save money.  I honestly have a really hard time staying away from them!  Last Friday, my favorite pair of jeans broke on me.  Literally.  Luckily, they didn't rip (that would have just shattered my self-image right now), but rather, the button fell out.  That's right. It fell out.

So as a result, I  had an excuse was forced to go buy new jeans.  Due to my larger than waist thighs, I have a hard time finding jeans that fit appropriately to where I don't simultaneously look like I have elephant legs while my jeans are falling down.  Add on top of that my need for short pants-since I'm only 4'11 AND 3/4".  Fortunately, I have been able to find jeans at Express that actually fit my body well.  And the timing couldn't be more perfect since Express was holding a buy 1 get 1 50% off anything and you could mix and match items.  On top of that, I had just received 2 Express coupons in the mail that week.  I'm pretty sure that was a message coming over loud and clear, "Maggie-you need to go shopping!"

So, Saturday I hopped over to Express and got 2 new pairs of jeans, a dress, and a pair of earrings for…………………..$150.  My 2 pairs of jeans should have cost more than that, so I basically got a free dress and pair of earrings.  Can't complain with that!  After a great shopping trip, I can see how people actually become addicted to shopping.  I was definitely feeling the high!

x2



What's your favorite thing(s) this week?


Happy Hump Day!
Until next time, 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...