2.01.2012

~12~ My Favorite Things v2.1

As a crafter, I am always looking for new tools and tips to improve my…well…craft, and one place that I look to for inspiration (besides Pinterest) is other peoples' blogs.  Starting today, I will be posting every Wednesday some of my favorite craft-related things, in the hopes of helping out other crafters.

In my craft world, I have 2 best friends.  And, it would only make sense that I kick off my very first "Favorite Things" post by introducing you to them.  My first one goes everywhere with me, because I just never know when I might need it, and I always want to be prepared.  Everyone, I would like you to meet my JoAnn's Teacher Reward Card:

This little card has been saving me TONS of money since 2008, and I honestly don't know what I'd do without it!  EVERY purchase that I make at JoAnns, I make sure to show this card because as you can see, I save 15% off my entire purchase-even sale/clearance items.  And the best part? I can use it with other coupons.  In fact, JoAnn will let you use as many coupons as you like in 1 transaction, as long as they do not have the same bar code.  (Michael's might want to take the hint-since they have a VERY strict coupon policy that lets you use only one coupon per day.)  Nothing gives me more glee than checking out at JoAnn's and seeing on the bottom of my receipt that the "amount saved" is more than what I spent.

So you may ask, just how do you get one of these amazing cards?  First, you have to be an educator of some sort.  Then, all you have to do is go to JoAnn's and let them know that you would like to sign up for a Teacher Rewards card.  You will need to show either a school employee ID or a recent paycheck stub.  That's it.  Simple as that.  No forms or applications to fill out.  AND, when you first sign up, you also get an addition coupon with your card that lets you save 20% on your entire order.  The card is also good for online purchases.

My other best friend is my most used crafting tool.  Let me introduce you to my 3M/Scotch Advanced Tape Glider (ATG):
I first learned of this AMAZING tool from The Pink Stamper when watching one of her tutorials on Youtube.  This seriously was the best purchase I have ever made.  It retails for about $40, but using a 40% off coupon, I was able to get it much cheaper.  And the best part? It's PINK! So, just what is an ATG?  An ATG is a 2 sided tape dispenser that is much faster and easier to use than the little guys I've seen most people use.  Not only that, but in the long run it is a lot cheaper since the refill tapes last longer and cost less.  Refills are $5 for 2 rolls, which again, I use a 40% off coupon to purchase.  Just to get an idea of how long they last-I "glued down" the mattes and actual invitation on my 100 wedding invitations using 1 refill pack.  (That's going around the edge and down the middle on 200 5"x7" pieces of paper)

I use my ATG for many projects.  I use it on all of my cards, to decorate gift bags, and really to adhere anything I want to stick together.  I would highly recommend investing in one of these to any crafter.  Get one, and it will quickly become your best friend too!  I will note though, that I had to buy mine (and the refill packs) at Michaels because JoAnn's does not carry them in the store near me (They do sell them online though).

So, now that you have met my 2 best friends, I want to know-who are yours? 
Until next time,








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...