12.17.2014

~91~ 6 months

I am now in my 6th month of pregnancy and things are ticking right along.
It dawned on me the other day that in just a few weeks, I'll be able to say, "we're having a baby THIS year!".  It's still a bit surreal.  For the most part, I feel ready.  Here's what we've checked off so far:  
The nursery.
 Daycare is lined up.  
We've registered for baby things.
We've registered for birthing classes . 

Then I'll have those 'oh my gosh' moments and completely doubt myself.
Things we still need to do in the next couple of months:
Line up insurance for baby. 
Pick out a pediatrician. 
Decide on a baby savings/investment plan.
Make a list of names we like.
Discuss a 'birth plan'. 
Get a long-term sub for me and start writing sub plans. 

When I focus on the first list, I feel much more at ease.  When I think about the second list, I can feel my heart beat a little faster.  At this point, we're still far enough away from baby day (as I call it) that I haven't felt too much burning pressure to get the rest of the items checked off of the list, but I know that #1 and #2 are top priority at this point.  In fact after the holidays, those will be the first things to get moved to the done list. 

Aside from that, things are great!  I had a bit of a tough weekend last weekend, but things have much improved.  Here's the run-down:

How far along: 23 weeks
Baby's size: A grapefruit (10.5-11.8in, 12.7-20.8oz)
Symptoms: Lots of muscle strain and pain.  Hearty appetite.
Cravings: Call me a kid, but Mac N' Cheese.  Mmmm..., Clementines, and granola with raspberries.
Best Moment: Seeing friends and family over the weekend.  I also made some yummy Christmas sugar cookies. :)
Worst Moment: Having leg pain so bad that it kept me up at night.  Thankfully lots of tylenol, warm baths, and compression socks helped clear that up.  
Movement: Lots.  Still pretty low.  It's mostly at night or early in the morning.  From what I've ready, he now has regular sleep patterns/cycles, and since I'm up and moving during the day, that when I'd guess he's sleeping. 
Maternity Clothes: Same as last week -  I'm still in the awkward stage.   My regular pants are way too tight, but are manageable with the belly band.  Maternity pants are still way too big.  They don't really have a waist, so they are constantly falling off my hips.  They also don't have belt loops.  If it weren't for the full panel, I'd have a plumber's butt every time I wear them.  Leggings and maxi skirts are awesome. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...