3.01.2013

~54~Hooray for March!

If you remember last year's post at all, you know that I am a huge fan of March.  There are always so many wonderful things going on during this month, that it is pretty darn hard to top.  Now if only the snow would stop and the sun would come out.  This month in particular is going to be pretty spectacular, I just know it!

Aside from it being National Craft Month, here are the top 5 exciting things going on over the next 31 days: 

5. Orchestra+Ballet
I will once again be playing with the Des Moines Community Orchestra accompanying the Des Moines Ballet Company in this year's production of Snow White.  Last year's Wizard of Oz was nothing short of amazing, and I am hopeful that this year is as well.  The performance will be on Sunday, March 31st (also Easter Sunday) at the Civic Center downtown.  While it is A LOT of work, it is incredibly fun. 

4. My parents/grandma are coming to visit
I go home to Minneapolis several times a year to visit family and friends, so it's a special treat when they come here to visit. (It's true, Minneapolis > Des Moines) In celebration of Easter, our new house, and my birthday, I was able to convince them to come see the ballet and have Easter brunch at OUR HOUSE!

3. Spring Break
 2 weeks from today, I will be heading home to Minneapolis to see some friends, and to do a little shopping at IKEA for the house.  These 10 days off will be a much welcomed break from work.  

4. My birthday
I will be turning 28 at the end of the month.  I have no idea what I'm going to do to celebrate, but I always look forward to spending it with family, friends, and good food!

5. The house!!!
 As mentioned in previous posts, we close on March 19th and move in March 21st.  Jake and I are beyond ready for this exiting move and are anxiously counting down the days! We also officially have someone lined up to sublease our apartment starting in April, so we'll have a month free from living expenses!  


What exciting things do you have going on in March?  
What's your favorite month?












2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...