2.27.2013

~53~ New Look

In case you haven't noticed, I've updated my look.  Due to the snow, we got out of school a couple of hours early yesterday and I decided to spend my extra time making some changes to my blog.  I've been wanting to do it for a while now, and just haven't had the time to really sit down and figure out how I wanted it to look when I was done.  My main reason for doing so was to give it a cleaner, crisper look.  I felt that it was too "messy" looking, for a lack of a better word.  Mostly, I wanted to redo my banner, giving it some lines and framing.  Using my amateur design skills, what you see now, is what I came up with.  While I know it's not the most glamorous, or pristine looking banner, it is a huge improvement (IMO) from what it was previously.  

With the update to my banner, I knew that I also needed to change the background of my blog body.  I wanted a cute background, and to get rid of the peach color.  I changed my template in blogger, and found the cute cupcake design online.  I am still in search of the perfect background pattern, but for now-that will do. I also added on the "you might also like" posts at the bottom to help readers better navigate my blog and find posts of similar topics.  The final touch, was updating my signature at the bottom of each post.  I was never able to perfectly match the  colors and it stood out-which I hated, but was honestly too lazy at the time to do anything about it.  I knew that for my skills, the only solution was to change the background color of my posts to white. 

So there you have it, a new and improved blog design.  I'm sure that in the coming months or years (if I'm still blogging for that long), there will be more change to come.  Eventually, once I get a better vision for a final design look, I'll probably hire my friend, fellow blogger, and an extremely talented designer, Joy, to help me achieve a more polished, professional look. 

In the mean time, are there any things that you'd like to see on my blog? Any changes you think I should make?
If you're a blogger yourself, in what ways have you updated your blog?

Until next time, 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...