11.29.2015

~112~ 8 Months Old



I feel like I can never keep up with my monthly updates. As soon as I finish posting last months, it’s already time to do a new one! And so here I am posting only a week before Ethan will be turning 9 months old.

As usual, Ethan is learning all sorts of things each day and it’s so much fun seeing his personality develop. He’s constantly on the move, smiling, and exploring things around him. 

Weight: Not sure. My guess is somewhere between 15 and 16 pounds

What Ethan’s Eating: 
We’re continuing to use the baby-led-weaning method of feeding Ethan solids.  So far he’s only eating once a day at dinner with us. It’s not very consistent and I’m having a hard time figuring out how we’re going to work in this method of feeding with daycare (because it can be scary for people who are not familiar with BLW) so that we can add in more meals/snacks per day. 

Activities: 
1. Peek-A-Boo!  Shortly after turning 7 months old, Ethan realized that he can play peek-a-boo with us.  He loves to pull a blanket up over his eyes and slowly peek over the top. The squeals are so fun!

2. Swimming! We started Waterbabies class at the YMCA at the end of October and it’s been so much fun! We go every Wednesday evening for a half hour until mid-December. This boy is definitely a fish and loves the water.
3. Fall Pictures.  We meant to get his pictures taken around 6 months old, but he wasn’t quite a stable sitter yet so our photographer recommended waiting until he was able to sit independently. So instead of 6 month pictures, we got 8 month ones. These will remain a secret for a little while longer though until we can get our Christmas card out ;)

4. Halloween.  I made Ethan’s costume this year after seeing the perfect costume online. I couldn’t find one that I liked enough to buy so I took to the sewing machine one weekend after finding a tutorial online. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.  We went to Jake’s parents to help hand out candy and trick or treat around there before heading to a friend’s house.



Milestones:
We’re *almost* crawling! He has the positioning and the desire to crawl, but he’s just not quite there yet. I have a feeling it won’t be much longer though.
Still no teeth, but I’m still okay with that.  It doesn’t stop him from eating though.  He’s able to mash and “chew” quite a bit with those strong gums of his!

With the holidays coming up, we’ll have lots to report in the next couple of updates.

Until then, 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...