4.22.2013

~59~ Winding down

Jake and I have now officially been homeowners a little over a month!
It's crazy how fast time has gone, it sometimes feels like it's only been a couple weeks.  Since moving in, we've been like little energizer bunnies, just going and going and going and going.  It's seriously been like having a second job.  We go to work all day and then come home and work all night long.  Jake has even been coming home and working over his lunch break!  I swear, if I never see another paint brush or roller, it will be too soon.  I've never minded painting before, but 6 rooms and 2 hallways later, I'm over it.  And truth be told, I'm  still not done.  We have an accent wall to paint in the guest bedroom and I still have some painting to do in my craft room (more on that later!).  

Thankfully, things have finally started winding down.  We got a chance to celebrate all of our hard work this past weekend and had a housewarming party for all of our friends and family.  I'd say it was a huge success.  We love being hosts and it was so nice to be able to have a group of people over and not have to have everyone sitting on top of each other like we did in our tiny apartment.   We were so humbled by everyone's presence, love, and support with the house and like at our wedding, almost 2 years ago, we felt so amazed and blessed by the people in our lives!

Of course a party isn't a party without food, so we fired up the grill that's been sitting on our apartment deck untouched for the past 2 years and had some burgers, brats and plenty of other yummy dishes.  All I have to say is thank goodness for Pinterest.  It seriously was my lifesaver.  Everything, with the exception of one dish was from that wonderful place and I got lots of compliments on it all day.  Of course, afterwards I realized what a terrible blogger I am because I didn't take any pictures the entire day.  I was just too busy enjoying the company of our guests :)

I will, however, show off some more pictures of our updated place.  Here's a list of what we've done since my last update:

*Added track lighting with a dimmer switch to our downstairs den.
*Jake built and installed a recessed shelf in the wall of our den (thank you to Jen at Iheartorganizing for this idea!)


*Bought patio furniture, scoring an amazing deal at Kohls-the entire set, including an umbrella was purchased for under $300)


*Painted the upstairs hallway

*Painted the border in the 3rd bedroom/office
*Got an L-shaped desk for the office
*Painted the 2nd bedroom/my craft room & began stenciling it (this I'm keeping under wraps until my big reveal!)

Jake and I finally feel like we've reached a point where we can slow down on the house.  All of the big things that we wanted to get done right away have been accomplished.  It's about time that we get to come home from work and just enjoy the house we've worked so hard for!  The only thing left on the list is my craft room.  I have a couple big plans for it, so expect a post in the very near future giving you a tour of my new space. I can't wait!

In other news, I am now officially half way done with my Master's degree having just finished my Action Research course.  I have a 2 week break before the next semester begins and I thoroughly plan to enjoy it.  I am also down to just 27 days of school left.  I had the day off today and with the warmer weather and our lovely house to enjoy, I am very anxious for the end of the school  year! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my job and the kids I have the privilege of working with, but I am eagerly awaiting the time where I can sit out on my deck in the middle of the day enjoying the sunshine, or dig in the dirt setting up my garden.  

What are you looking forward to this summer?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...