10.10.2012

~41~ My Favorite Things v10.10

So remember back in the day, eons ago when I blogged about my favorite things on Wednesdays??  Well, they're back!!  I need a way to keep me accountable of updating my blog on a more consistent basis, and this is one way.   
This week, my favorite things are: 


1. Free Trip + Chicago + Math 


For the past few years, I have been dying to go to one of the regional or annual math conferences put on by the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NTCM), which I am a current member of.  This year, they are finally hosting it in a city that is relatively close to me.  With fingers crossed, I submitted a proposal to use district professional development funds to go, and they approved it!  I will be leaving on Wednesday, Nov 28 and returning the 30th.  There are over 200 presenters and exhibits all focused on math strategies and instruction, and I am super stoked to go.  I am a tad bit nervous too.  I've never had to travel for business, and while I have definitely traveled by myself numerous times, in the past I've always met up with with a friend or family member-who I would be staying with and seeing.  This time, I'm staying in a hotel by myself.  If I weren't going to be busy all day, I would suggest that Jake come, but he'd be bored out of his gourd.  Luckily, I have made some friends with girls who were planning their weddings at the same time as me, and live in the Chicago area, that I'm hoping to meet up with on that Thursday evening.  So excited!

2. My new phone
I have been up for renewal/upgrade since the beginning of September and finally got around to upgrading my phone.  After a lot of hemming and hawing between the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy sIII, I decided to go with the Samsung.  There were a couple of reasons why I chose to stick with an android (my previous phone was a Droid 2 Global).

1.  Widgets.  It seems so silly, but really-I use them a lot.  I couldn't imagine not having them.  This was a huge deciding factor for  me. 

2. Customization.  I love being able to customize all of my screens exactly how I want them.  While I can choose which apps to put on the front of my pages on an iPhone, I really can't customize them as much as I can on an Android. 

3. Familiarity.  Plain and simple, I'm more familiar with Android.  Also, Jake owns a droid so we're able to share chargers and any new tips or tricks.   



What are your favorite things this week?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...